Keeping Your Home Running During Covid-19August 12, 2020 2:27 pm
Comments Off on Keeping Your Home Running During Covid-19
As Australia continues to battle COVID-19, the last thing on your mind right now may be your plumbing. It is, however, essential that you take the precautions necessary at this time to keep your home running throughout the pandemic. The last thing you want as a homeowner is to experience significant plumbing problems in addition to the current global anxieties and problems.
Why Is Now An Important Time To Check Your Plumbing?
With more people working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions, and people spending more and more times indoors, a significant strain is being placed on heating units to perform. As Melbourne is currently entering stage 4 of lockdown restrictions, many households in Melbourne who have never previously had an issue with their plumbing may suddenly find their heating units begin to decrease in quality or malfunction entirely.
As you are spending more time at home, your bills may also significantly be on the rise. During lockdown, your family may also be facing increasing financial pressure as you may be unable to work as usual. Upgrading or maintaining your plumbing systems may seem like an additional expense, but plumbing services could actually help you save money by ensuring your plumbing systems are running as efficiently as possible.
Master Plumbers considers critical repairs for plumbing services at residential premises to include:
- Burst water service
- Hot water service (HWS) repairs/replacement
- Blocked sewer drains
- Stormwater drains, repairs/replacement where that damage left unattended could cause further damage to the building/ occupants
- Repairs/replacement of damaged sanitary fixture, including cisterns/flushing devices
- Replacement/repairs/servicing of gas appliances (restricted to HWS, domestic heating appliances, cooking appliances)
- Service/testing of backflow devices (as required)
- Repairs to roofing or roof drainage systems with the immediate potential to cause significant further damage or create a safety or health risk
- Other critical repairs where demonstrably required for emergency or safety
The COVID-19 pandemic is a time of great uncertainty for many people. It is essential, therefore, that people can rely on licensed plumbing services and feel safe and comfortable in their homes. Newman Plumbing is a reliable, licensed local Melbourne eastern suburbs plumber who is able to provide the essential services your home needs during the pandemic whilst practicing the highest hygiene standards. If you’d like to learn more about our services, or our hygiene standards, do not hesitate to contact Newman Plumbing today.